Recruitment of constabularies will be carried out only with the approval of the Cabinet Secretary. Candidates wishing to join the Defence Forces Constabulary must satisfy the following requirements:
(1) Must be Kenyan citizens.
(2) Age – Between 30 and 49 years old.
(3) Be medically fit.
(4) Have no criminal record.
(5) Be ex-Defence Forces Servicemen/Women (Kenya Army, Kenya Air Force or Kenya Navy).
(6) Possess a Discharge Certificate of minimum “Very Good”.
(7) Must have served at least a 3 or 9 years’ colour service.
(8) Must be in possession of a valid National Identity card