Mr. Francis Mutie
The Secretary Administration heads the Division assisted by a Senior Deputy Secretary and other administrative officers.
It is the function of the administrative division to coordinate various functions in the Ministry. Among the coordination functions are the following:
- Liaise with Parliament on Ministerial matters.
- Liaison with County Assemblies.
- Responses to parliamentary requests for statements, motions and petitions.
- Development of policies and cabinet memos.
- Manage linkage between the Ministry of Defense and other Ministries, Departments and Agencies including private sector agencies.
- Follow up of KDF matters in liaison with Chief of Defense Forces.
- Management of ministerial cross cutting issues on HIV and AIDS, Alcohol and Drug abuse (ADA), Gender, Youth and Disability mainstreaming, Corruption prevention strategies and programs.
- Execute responses to public complaints
- Clearance of foreign military personnel aircrafts and naval ships within Kenya’s Exclusive Economic Zone.
- Work place safety measures, staff welfare and office accommodation.
- Employee and customer satisfaction surveys and implementation.
- Clearance of members of staff for foreign travels.
- Management of public relations.
- Acquisition, preservation and purchase of Ministry’s land, plots and buildings.
- Provision of transport fleet management services.
- Responsible for secret registry management services.