1. The Ministry of Defence is comprised of the Kenya Army, the Kenya Air Force, the Kenya Navy, the Defence Forces Constabulary and the Civilian Staff.
2. The mandate of the Ministry is derived from Article 241: 1 (a), (b) and (c) and the Kenya Defence Forces Act No. 25 of 2012.
3. To defend and protect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic, assist and cooperate with other authorities in situations of emergency or disaster and restore peace in any part of Kenya affected by unrest or instability as assigned.
4. A premier, credible and mission capable force deeply rooted in professionalism.
5. The Ministry of Defence is committed to defending the people of the Republic of Kenya and their property against external aggression and also provides support to the Civil Authority.
This service Charter is a commitment by the Ministry of Defence to render efficient and effective services to the citizenry and the stakeholders.