The Primary Mission is to support the Kenya Army through acquisition and distribution of Ordinance Stores and Material in order to sustain Operations both in Peacetime and war.
To mould KAOC into a modern, efficient and dependable Regiment with a sound Inventory Control and distribution policy capable of supporting the Kenya Army Mission in a professional and timely manner.
- Provision, procurement and Control of stores and equipment.
- Storage, Maintenance and Distribution of stores both during peace and wartime.
- Adviser to Commander Kenya Army on the formulation, implementation of procurement, supply procedures and policies within the Kenya Army.
- Quality Control of goods supplied to the Depot in liaison with relevant Government Technical departments especially Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS).
- Tailoring of service uniforms by Kenya Army Tailoring Unit (KATU).
- Manning of Barrack Inventory Account (BIA) stations for exchange of accommodation stores.
- Clearance and Forwarding of Defence Forces Goods.
- Training of KAOC officers, Men and Women, Regimental supply staff from Units and career Progression for KAOC officers, Men and Women.
- Liaison with service HQ and Ministry of State for defence HQs on the establishment and administration of contracts and payment Bill.
- Manning of MMO SUB Depots and management of Ammo Technical Services.
- Training of Catering and Messing Tradesmen.
- Management of stores disposal and salvage services.