8. The ministry of Defence provides public good in a way of collective security. Our commitment is to offer this service promptly and unreservedly.
9. The Ministry of Defence will render services without any discrimination regardless of one’s race, ethnic background, religion, gender, and status or otherwise.
10. Recruitment process into the Ministry will be conducted in a transparent manner, strictly in accordance with merit and stated eligibility, criteria as advertised I both the print and the electronic media.
11. Procurement of goods and services by the Ministry including disposal of assets will be transparent and in accordance with the law, procedures and regulations. The Ministry will also comply with the 30 percent presidential directive of the Ministry’s procurement budget for the youth, women and disabled.
12. The Ministry will only pay for goods received and services rendered in accordance with our contractual obligations.
13. The Ministry pledges to effect payments for goods and services rendered within 30 days of receipt of legitimate bills and invoices and convey the same to the merchants and suppliers by the quickest means possible.
Clients Rights and Obligations
14. Your rights and obligations as our clients are:
- Defence services are free but whenever the fee is payable, an official receipt will be issued.
- It is your right to receive a response to a written enquiry within 14 days, orally within 10 minutes and telephone within 3 rings
- It is your right to be heard expeditiously and for your concerns to be attended to in the shortest time possible.
- It is your right to demand for timely and quality services
- You are expected to desist from any acts of corruption, fraud, fitina (mis-information) or any other undesirable conducts, failure to which punitive action may be taken against you in accordance with the law.