Name: Hon. David Musila, MBS, MP
Date of Birth : 24 th February, 1943
Marital Status: Married with 4 children
1. Assistant Minister Ministry of Defence, Office of the President - to date
2. Member of Parliament, Mwingi South Constituency 1998 to date
3.Tourism Consultant to the World Tourism Organization since August, 1993
4. Chairman for Parliamentarians for Global Action, Kenya Group
5. Vice-Chairman, Commonwealth Parliamentary Association, Kenya Branch
6. International Organization
- World Tourism Organization (WTO). In charge of technical cooperation for the English-speaking African countries from November 1990- August 1993.
- Member, UNWTO Strategic Group
- Member, Executive Committee CPA, Africa Region
7. Deputy Speaker, Kenya National Assembly 2000-2007- Public Service-Kenya
8. Director of Tourism , Kenya (February 1985-October 1990) -During the time was responsible for the administration of the Tourism Department and initiation of policy on tourism development, regulation and promotion. Was also responsible for preparation and implementation of Hotels and Restaurants classification systems in the country and prepared strategies for tourism promotion for Kenya
9. Provincial Commissioner, Central Province of Kenya (November 1979-January 1985)- The highest position in Kenya 's Administration. In-charge of the Central Province of Kenya with a population of over 3 million. Responsibilities included being the Administrative head of the province reporting directly to the President; coordination of all development activities, including those of government ministries and departments. Was also Chairman of various provincial committees, including the Provincial Security Committee.
10. Deputy Provincial Commissioner, Central Province (October 1978-November 1979)
11. District Commissioner (December 1974-September 1978) - Administrative head of a District. Served as a District Commissioner in various districts of Kenya . Duties were similar to those of a Provincial commissioner but at district level. Was also a Returning Officer for National General Elections.
12. Academic Background
- Attended various primary and secondary schools in Kenya . Subsequently obtained a B.A. honours degree in Economics and Government at Bishop College , Texas in 1968.
- In 1967 was nominated in "Who is Who" in American Colleges and Universities. In the same year received recognition by the Dallas Economists Club, as an outstanding Economic undergraduate.
- Diploma in Public Administration, Kenya Institute of Administration.
- Certificate: Law for Administrative Officers Examination, 1971
- Attended several seminars on Development coordination and Public administration at Kenya Institute of Administration.
- Board of Trustee Member, National Fund for the Disabled of Kenya (1980 to date)
- Life Governor, Agricultural Society of Kenya .