The primary Mission is to provide fire support to the Kenya Army in the defence of the nation against external land based aggression, while the Secondary role is to support the Civil Authority in maintenance of order and during national disasters within the assigned area of responsibility.
The vision of the Kenya Army Artillery is to have a professionally well-trained Brigade capable of successfully achieving the primary mission within the laid down Artillery training and operation standards.
- Provide dedicated close and general Artillery fire support to Army manoeuvre units and Battle Field Intelligence through Artillery Surveillance Units and communication systems.
- Provide Anti-Aircraft Artillery cover of all vital Areas, Vulnerable Areas and Manoeuvre units.
- Assist the Kenya Air force in defence of the nation airspace by providing Air defence support.
- Augment Naval Gun fire support in close to shore maritime operations.
- Support to civil authority in the maintenance of order.
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned by the Commander Kenya Army.
| Field Artillery Gunners in Training Area
|| 120MM Mortar Crew in Training
| 105 mm Park Howitzer Crew in Training
|| 105 mm Light Gun Crew in Training.